What Will I Learn?
- Understand the Array constructor properties and methods
- Add a custom method to the Array prototype method
- Categorize the Array constructor prototype methods as Mutator, Accessor and Iteration methods
- Understand mutator methods such as push, pop, splice, sort and reverse
- Work with accessor methods such as concat, includes, indexOf, join and slice
- Work with array prototype iteration methods such as every, forEach, map and reduce
- A text editor (such as atom, sublime text…)
- Nodejs and NPM installed on your system
- A Chrome browser
We will divide the Array prototype methods into three parts, Mutator, Accessor and Iteration methods and see what those categories imply. Then we do an example based approach to the most frequently used methods of each category.