Some Key Takeaways!
By coding along with us in the Workshop, you’ll:
- Learn the underpinnings of containers: chroot, cgroups, and namespace
- Learn Docker and working with Docker images and the CLI
- Learn the Docker CLI and the Dockerfile
- Learn the basics of Kubernetes for orchestration
- Learn buildah, podman, OCI, and the container community beyond Docker
Your (Awesome) Instructor
Containers are continually more relevant to developers. What started as a way to manage multiple servers on one system has grown into the way we develop, write code, ship applications, and coordinate large scale applications. Containers may have started as tools for the ops team, but now everyone needs to learn to build and use them.
Follow along and learn what containers are, why you need them, how to build, and how to use them. We’ll talk about technologies like Docker, buildah, podman, lxc, and lxd, and we’ll even touch on Kubernetes. You will learn how to make containers your superpower and give every developer the tools to be more productive today.
Is This Workshop for Me?
This workshop is created from the perspective of a long-time frontend developer and caters to developers.
- You need to be comfortable with the command line in order to take this workshop.
- If you’re on macOS or Windows 10, you’ll need the latest version.