By ofer shmueli
Learn your network’s vulnerabilities via the Nmap tool—fast and easy!
- A practical and practice-oriented tutorial designed to help you learn the fundamentals of reconnaissance for ethical hacking
- Craft your own probes with customized TCP and ICMP packets
- Easy-to-understand concepts that other courses leave out
What You Will Learn
- Major network protocols: UPNP, DHCP, SMB, HTTP, DNS and how to use their weaknesses and discover valuable information on the network you wish to pentest
- Discover hosts on the network
- Scan for open, closed, filtered, and unfiltered ports
- Practice the best discovery Nmap scripts
Welcome to Reconnaissance with Nmap. This course is built around you and your goals with ethical hacking and penetration testing, and gives you the skills you need and an understanding of how Nmap works behind the scenes. This course is hands-on: no PowerPoint slides or complex explanations. If you are interested in pentesting and want to learn the art of reconnaissance, then you have come to the right place. Your knowledge gain will be enhanced by working with the Nmap hands-on, right away.
To get the most out of this course, you should be comfortable using the command line interface (CLI), and ideally have a basic understanding of TCP-IP.
About the Author(s)
- ofer shmueli
Ofer Shemuli has 15 years of experience in network security and wi-fi deployments and has worked as a director of products, innovation, and development in telecom companies (including Orange IL) and as a VP of product for professional services companies. In addition to this, Ofer has certifications in Ruckus Wi-Fi WISE, Cisco CCNA R&S, and NSE4 Fortinet.
Size: 1.66 GB