Xamarin Forms: Build Native Cross-platform Apps with C#
- Familiarity with C# classes, interfaces, events, delegates, lambda expressions and LINQ
With over 13,000 happy students and 2,600+ positive reviews, this course is Udemy’s most popular course for learning Xamarin Forms!
Do you have an idea for an app and want to turn that into reality? Well, if you want to build that app for iOS, you need to know Objective-C, which is an old, C-based language. The alternative is to learn Swift. If you want to build the same app for Android, you need to learn Java. And if you want to build this app for Windows, of course you need to know C#.
Sounds like a lot of headache. It’s not just about learning different programming languages. It’s about the fact that each platform has its own UI framework which is built with a different architecture and API.
Building apps shouldn’t be that painful. Is there a better way? Yes there is: Xamarin Forms.
Xamarin Forms is a UI framework for building native cross-platform mobile apps with C#. You code your app only once, and let Xamarin compiler build your app for each platform. As simple as that! You don’t need to learn 4 different languages and presentation frameworks!
In this course, Mosh, author of 9 five-star courses on Udemy, will take you on a pragmatic and step-by-step journey and teach you how to build native mobile apps for Android, iOS and Windows using Xamarin Forms and C#.
In particular, you’ll:
- Learn and understand the fundamentals of Xamarin Forms and its architecture
- Build user-interfaces with XAML and code
- Work with images
- Present data in beautiful, interactive lists
- Implement multi-page apps with navigation, tabs, master/detail pages
- Build form and setting pages
- Store and retrieve data from a variety of sources (file system, SQLite database and RESTful services)
- Implement Model-View-ViewModel (MVVM) architectural pattern
If you’ve taken any of Mosh’s courses before, you know what you get: clear, concise training, without waffling or mocking around.
You get 7.5 hours of high-quality content and every single minute is crafted with outstanding delivery and world-class production. Mosh doesn’t create 10+ hour courses that need to be fast-forwarded or skipped.
This course is packed with real-world examples, exercises and best practices. Not only will you learn how to use Xamarin Forms, you’ll also learn first-class tips to make your code cleaner and more maintainable.
Lectures also have downloadable source code so you can code-along while watching the videos.
So, if you’re looking for a Xamarin Forms course with
- A passionate coder and instructor who knows his craft
- Perfect structure
- Balanced mix of theory and practice
- Clear, concise and bite-sized videos
- Lots of real-world examples and coding exercises
- Downloadable source code
- Discussion of best practices
- World-class audio / video production
Don’t look further. Enrol in the course now and learn to build native mobile apps for Android, iOS and Windows using your existing C# skills.
All you need to know in order to take this course is C#. At a minimum, you should be comfortable with classes, interfaces, events, delegates, lambda expressions and a bit of LINQ.
If you need to strengthen your fundamentals, you can watch Mosh’s related courses:
- C# Intermediate: Classes, Interfaces and Object-oriented Programming
- C# Advanced: Take Your C# Skills to the Next Level
Download Paid Udemy Courses For Free.